The partners of the Million Moms Challenge work year-round to honor all moms. Here are nine ways you can help mothers in the developing world stay strong, healthy and self-reliant – ensuring their children have a mother to celebrate every day.
2. Every 20 seconds, a child dies from a vaccine-preventable disease. Help give a kids a shot at a healthy life and mothers a piece of mind. Through the UN Foundation’s Shot@Life campaign, a $20 donation can help protect a child from life-threatening and disabling illnesses like measles, polio, and pneumonia.
3. Spread the word online that providing mothers and their babies with a healthy start to life makes entire communities stronger. Join Women Deliver, it’s partners and partners and Mom Bloggers for Social Good in a tweetchat on May 11th from 12pm-1:30pm ET #itstartswithmoms.
4. Every time a baby is born, so are a mom and dad, and every baby was born to do something great! Visit www.ImBornTo.com to shop retail partners that donate a portion of their proceeds to support the March of Dimes.
5. Have you seen UNICEF’s Inspired Gifts collection? A Child Survival Food Pack for $81.29 provides essential supplies to return a malnourished child to strength and health. There are also a range of cards and gifts available here.
6. Through BRAC, help a mother her start a vegetable garden, or train to become a health worker, an investment that will multiply spread throughout her community. Donate on behalf of a special mother in your life and BRAC will send them an e-card describing the gift and its impact.
7. Send a gift of light to mothers around the world with rock band Linkin Park and We Care Solar. Your gift will make solar lighting kits available in health clinics throughout Uganda, to help medical staff care for expectant mothers and deliver babies safely!
8. Read about the mothers who inspire the International Medical Corps every day in their work and send Mother’s Day eCard to the mother who inspires you.
9. Of course, you can always take action right here at the Million Moms Challenge. Go to MillionMomsChallenge.org/take-action. You can also share one of our posts on your Facebook page and invite family and friends to our community to learn more about helping moms and babies survive and thrive.